HBO GO is a free streaming channel, provided you have a cable subscription to the HBO channel. For signing up for the HBO Go service through hbo go roku activate, you will need the following.
hbo go roku activate
- You must have subscribed to the HBO channel with a TV provider
- The TV provider must support the service in your region
- If they support the service, then you need the username and password credentials to access the channel
Roku users will have to additionally download and install the HBO GO channel on their device. Then they can activate the channel through hbo go roku activate
hbo go roku activate - Steps for installing and activating the HBO GO channel on your Roku
You can install the channel either to your Roku account or to your device. Make use of the Roku remote or the mobile app to complete this process.
- From your Roku device, navigate to the Streaming channels
- Here, use the search menu and locate the hbo go roku activate channel.
- Select the ADD CHANNEL button located below the channel icon and wait for further instructions to complete the process.
- You may have to refresh the device so that the channel will appear on your MY CHANNELS
Before you begin the activation, you need certain information such as the activation code and your channel provider’s login credentials.
- To get the activation code from your device through hbogo.com/activate, either use the SIGN IN option or the ACTIVATE YOUR DEVICE
- The hbogo.com/activate is the link for entering the channel’s activation code.
- Open this link on another device such as your PC or your mobile phone and select Roku as your device.
- When prompted at hbogo.com/activate, enter the TV provider’s login credentials (username and password).
- And in the next step, enter the activation code from your TV and then select ACTIVATE DEVICE.
- The success message will now reflect on both your TV and your PC screen.
NOTE: The activation code for the channel expires in 15 minutes. Therefore, use the GET NEW CODE option to generate another code.
You can deactivate the HBO GO channel when you no longer use it. Besides, you can re-install the channel at a later point in time.
- Open your Roku home screen menu and go to the MY CHANNELS
- Search for and select the HBO GO channel and wait for the menu options to appear.
- Open the SETTINGS menu and choose the DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT menu followed by the DEACTIVATE
Roku devices that support HBO Go channel
Make sure your Roku model supports the channel before you add it to your device. The following is a list of Roku.com/link devices that are compatible with the HBO GO channel.
- 2nd gen Roku
- 3rd gen Roku
- 4th gen Roku
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+
The channel is however not supported by older Roku versions such as N1000, N1101 and N2000X.
Other streaming devices that support the hbogo.com/activate
Apart from Roku, there are various other streaming devices that support the HBO GO channel. Here is a list of the compatible devices.
- iPod touch
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Fire TV stick
- Amazon Fire tablets
- Android TV
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
What to stream on this channel?
When you add the HBO GO channel to your Roku, you get access to all the content available on the HBO channel. For instance, you can stream movies, TV shows, sports, comedy and even documentaries on this channel.